If your not exactly certain how to handle your current LinkedIn Profile of if you haven't even got one, then these 27 easy simple to understand tips on how to improve your Social Media Presence using LinkedIn is for you.
First impressions are lasting so
- Make sure you have a complete Profile description including a Professional looking Photo
- LinkedIn gives you a personalized URL publish it everywhere on Stationary, Business cards, in Blogs, Brochures, Newsletters, Press Releases etc.
- Get direct connections with like minded people by joining Industry Groups and connect with members.
- Use free tools that will update your status across multiple Social Media sites
- Provide links to your Website or Blogs to reply to questions highlighting your authority in your chosen field
- LinkedIn has may features to get your message across, here you can track what people are saying.
- Posting job opportunities increases your exposure and can save many thousands of dollars in advertising cost
- Respond to Endorsements, Recommendations and comments on your posts on a regular basis, ask questions.
- Get interaction with your audience by inviting them to respond to blogs, webinars, pod casts etc
- Ask others to write recommendations for you, making sure that you write recommendations for others as well.
- Get your contacts to introduce you to their contacts making sure to get at least 1 new contact per day
- Be a leader and create new discussions within the selected groups you have joined
- Use LinkedIn pols to conduct market research sharing the results.
- Let people know what you are up to by sharing project photos or videos of your work.
- Groups for your product or services work well you can even create one for your business
- Provide links to interesting articles your have written expanding in your blog or website
- During business hours put aside time to update your status daily
- Recommendations help your profile building ask for them regularly
- Networking is a fabulous tool introduce your friends to others only if you think they would benefit one another
- When writing your Summary give it a great searchable headline and the content is directed at their needs
- After a networking event send personal invites to join your network within 24 hrs at the latest reminding them who you are
- Try the LinkedIn advertising campaigns they work wonders and are inexpensive and directed to your market
- Be certain that you make your Profile information public and selecting Full View this will give you an high PageRank in Google Yahoo & Bing this is the best way to influence people giving excellent search results
- Publicize any events you have through your network freely or you can advertise through DirectAds
- Use free tools like Blogger or Wordpress applications, they will automatically show your posting to your network on LinkedIn to those that are already using same tools
- Conversations are easily taken care of using the Questions Function and getting advice or sharing information through this free tool is easy and effective.
- Local meetups, conferences, events, trade shows are all easily located through your connections and Pulse,you can readily find out which functions you wish to attend, or that you might want to exhibit at.
All in all across the board LinkedIn would have to be the most suitable
Social Media Marketing tool for anyone in Business whether its your own
Small Business, National, Multi National or Non Profit.
Cheers & Great Networking